Friday, June 21, 2024

EDITORIAL: Michelin Pilot Challenge & VP Sports Car Challenge coverage & content

I must tell you all, I have really been keen on covering more about IMSA's lower tiered production car divisions especially Michelin Pilot Challenge, and also VP Sports Car Challenge combining both LMP3 and GT4 cars.  I am well aware too, that one of the sources I go to for this blog, fellow IMSA fan, Off in the Esses, he has a new podcast about Michelin Pilot Challenge available and I would love to also include links to the posts of that podcast when I have the time to do so.  The point of this Op. Ed. is to say that when time permits, I will indeed cover these races.  June has been a ridiculously busy month for sports car racing with the Detroit street course WeatherTech race, the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course VP Challenge and Pilot Challenge events I would like to cover for you, the 24 Hours of Le Mans, and at the end of this month, (next weekend), the crown jewel for GT3 racing in a different championship, in SRO competition, the 24 Hours of Spa, also coming up, in the Ardennes Forest of Belgium.

So, patience is indeed a virtue everyone.  I will have some of these races for you, when I can.  I think the best bet is that I shall cover everything to do, this weekend, with the 6 Hours of Watkins Glen.  Then, as time permits, perhaps after The Glen, and after Spa Francorchamps are all over and completed, I shall be able to backtrack and bring you all coverage of the VP Challenge and Michelin Pilot Challenge events, just as promised.  So, as I always say, do stay tuned because there is plenty more coming.  It is just a matter of when yours truly has the time and the energy and effort, to cover it here, for you.  Let not your heart be troubled, there's plenty more endurance racing content to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment