Monday, October 7, 2024

Mercedes-AMG Eyeing Top Class Prototype Entry

Will we see a third major German manufacturer join the Hypercar ranks soon?

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2024/10/07/mercedes-amg-eyeing-top-class-prototype-entry.html

I have been speculating this myself for a while now.  Mercedes-AMG has the talent pool especially from their customer teams in GT3 and GT4 racing as well as in GT2, although I wonder how many of their factory drivers might sign on if they do build and test a Hypercar of their own.  Like Ferrari, and Aston Martin, I would think it would be run in an adjacent fashion to their once all-conquering Formula 1 program.  We will have to see what happens.  Should Mercedes Benz join the Hypercar/GTP/LMDh party, things, as I always say in the race reports, ought to get spicy.


No comments:

Post a Comment